S-t-r-e-t-c-h ---> I Hope You'll Read This One… We Are Meant For Great Things.

July 3, 2015


Go out of your comfort zone and do MORE than you believe you are capable of and make an impact. heart emoticon


-----> Just like you all have, I have stretched many times in my life and have achieved many things because of a belief in myself and facing my fears.

As a child, it started performing on stage. I was a shy little girl and didn't want ANY PART of being up there BUT thanks to my momma, she kept me in dance and cheerleading and was forced to face my fear and years later, I was an absolute ham on stage and wanted everyone to look at me, FULL FACIALS AND ALL along with a BIG SMILE! LOL!

In high school, I was a straight A student except for science. It was always more of a challenge for me than math and english. I was a wiz at any kind of math and loved english---except for writing lol...my absolute least favorite thing! When it came time to deciding what to pursue in college, I wanted to CHALLENGE MYSLEF and decided my major would be Bio-Medical Science/ minor in Psychology. I knew it would be difficult for me but I REALLY WANTED TO HELP children and decided I would become a pediatric orthodontist.

While in some of the toughest classes I ever imaged and commuting and hour each way every day from home, I decided to try out for the Tampa Bay Buccaneer Cheerleading Team. This was quite SCARY for me! There were over 2500 girls trying out for just 28 spots! I knew I had a good chance since I had over 13 years of dance experience. I put EVERYTHING I had into that week of auditions and I MADE THE TEAM. It was a whirlwind cheering for 2 seasons, swimsuit calendars, visiting other countries and representing the Buccaneers organization all over the state of FL with events and tons of CHARITY events WHICH WAS SO REWARDING!

While cheering, I was offered so many great opportunities from my modeling agency's. I had to turn down a lot of BIG OPPORTUNITIES while cheering and under contract with the Bucs. So, after my second year cheering, I decided to take modeling and acting more seriously and worked in several movies and over 20 commercials as well as modeling companies such as Harley Davidson, Saks 5th Ave., Hanky Panky, HSN, etc. EVERY JOB I booked made me nervous and I always questioned whether I was good enough for the job BUT I showed up and gave my best.

THEN, A HUGE and SCARY opportunity came to me from one of my agencies and after an interview, I found myself traveling around the US speaking for BMW and all of their cars. This was an opportunity of a lifetime and I HAD TO TAKE IT. While traveling, I continued taking grad classes through UF and found it really difficult to keep up with the time changes and test dates so I finished up my first semester there and decided to put that on hold. I had realized that I was REALLY enjoying public relations and my job as a spokesperson for BMW and LOVED traveling.

A few years later, my husband and I moved a few hours away from home for HIS college job coaching baseball. I NEEDED a job while I was home and started teaching Chemistry NOT BY CHOICE then the following year decided I wanted to work closer to home and taught Math at an inner city school. Let's just say this was ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES OF MY LIFE. Disciplining children was not my thing. I had no idea how to deal with such horrible behavior and found very quickly how much time it took and how much stress this job brought to my life...lesson plans every night, grading endless papers and getting there early for tutoring my kids that were having trouble every day and staying after too. I also was tutoring student athletes at the college and I found it very boring and couldn't wait for my next plane ride! I learned that TEACHING WAS NOT FOR ME!

I'm still on my journey and have found something I TRULY LOVE---> helping others! I'm dreaming big on this one and set my mind to HUGE GOALS for myself and my family and to hopefully one day be able to reach out and help others on a MUCH LARGER SCALE!!!

All of the effort, willingness to grow and wanting great things to happen in my life have all made me much more well rounded person. I don't regret anything. I have found that there is always something to learn from a failure and possibility to grow from it as well!!!

What have YOU done to go out of your comfort zone and RISE ABOVE?

If you are having trouble thinking of something, YOU'RE NOT LIVING!!!

Go out and STRETCH and MAKE YOURSELF PROUD!!!

We are meant for GREAT THINGS friends. Let's make a difference!

xoxo heart emoticon


#followmefordailymotivation#pinkpineapplefitnessandnutrition #lifebydesign

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs