About my Dexcom (Continuous Glucose Meter) and why I love it!

June 15, 2016

DEXCOM, G5, CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE METER, DIABETES, TYPE1DIABETES, TYPE 1 DIABETES, DIABETIC, A1C, ENDOCRINOLOGIST, COACH, HEALTHY, HELPFUL, TYPE ONE TO TYPE NONE, DEXCOM I LOVE YOU

I've had several people messaging me this week about the details of my Dexcom continuous glucose meter so I'm sure there are more people out there would might like to know this.

Feel free to share with anyone you know who is suffering with Diabetes. This has changed my life. <3

It's wireless and easy to insert and you can wear it anywhere...arm, leg, stomach...I always wear it on my lower belly so that it's covered when I wear a bikini. I do switch sides though...I change it out every 1-2 weeks with a new sensor. The sensor reads to the transmitter which is attached to you like in the picture and the transmitter sends constant blood sugar readings to your receiver. You can set on the receiver at what ranges you want it to alert you and you can put it on vibrate or extra loud if you're outside where it's noisy. I have it set to alert me when it hits 80 and above 140. It keeps my A1C down and allows me to MANAGE my disease so much easier!!! I only have to prick my finger once every 12 hours instead of 7-8 times a day.

It alerts me when low or high and allows me to know when I should drink a juice to prevent a low or take insulin before I get too high. It tells you in which direction your blood sugar is moving and how fast with arrows. As you can see in the pic, my blood sugar is steady right now. It's pretty much the BEST THING EVER! It's crazy accurate!

You can swim with and get in the spa as well! I use a special tape which holds it on longer as it usually only stays on me without the tape for 2-3 days. The tape is called Hypafix and it's the best i've found. I even put it on before I put on the sensor so the adhesive on the sensor doesn't aggravate my skin. It's great and works perfectly!

I feel so much better when my Dex is in! All it takes is a glance to know where my blood sugar is and is great during workouts to prevent a low or a high! :-)

I can't tell people enough about this because of what it's done for me!

Donnie would tell you that he LOVES it too and now that I have the G5 (the newest model), he's able to watch my blood sugar throughout the day from his cell phone and I have it streaming through my apple watch too! it's been great while out and about and working out when you aren't normally carrying the receiver. WHAT A BLESSING. <3

Feel free to post below or contact me with any questions. I'm happy to help! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs