Yummy & Healthy Blueberry Pancakes

August 10, 2015

How exciting ya'll! This a was a new creation I tried last night…as the hubby requested breakfast for dinner! Over a year ago, I stopped making traditional pancakes and starting making some super healthy protein banana pancakes which I love! I'll post that recipe for you soon- stay tuned! :-)


 The hubby requested that I make some REAL pancakes so I decided to pick up some Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Mix at the nearby whole foods store to try instead of the typical Bisquick we would normally use before our lifestyle change. It was a hit! I made enough mix to be able to have leftovers for this morning- great heated in microwave!

Mix in medium bowl:
1 1/2 cup of pancake mix
2 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup organic 2% milk (Feel free to use almond milk as a dairy free option)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup of blueberries (fresh preferred- I used frozen for these)

Note: Because I used frozen blueberries and my mix was very thin, I decided to add the blueberries and mix to my blender and mix everything together. Tasted great!


My hubby used this maple syrup- very good! Since I have type 1 diabetes, I chose to add a little butter made with olive oil and no syrup. I don't like those sugar free syrups as they all have artificial sweeteners in them. 

If you'd like, top your pancakes with fesh banana slices! YUM!





They don't look all that great but boy were they good! :-) 



Enjoy!!! If you would be so kind, leave a comment below and let me know how you liked them! :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs